Denver Attorney and Mediator
Kate Boland, Attorney at Law Offers Experience & Qualifications
Kate has practiced as an attorney for 28 years with experience in both public and private practice. For the past twenty (20) years she has worked as a part time Magistrate Judge in Denver, presiding in the civil and criminal courts. Prior to that, she spent six (6) years in the Adams County District Attorney’s Office prosecuting misdemeanors, felonies and DUI cases.
Since 2010, she has been in private practice emphasizing estate planning, probate and mediation. Kate is actively involved with the Trusts and Estates section of the Colorado Bar Association, participating on the Orange Book Forms and Rules and Forms Committees. She is also a member of the Denver Bar Association, Colorado Women’s Bar Association and Colorado GLBT Bar Association.
Kate also has an extensive business background having worked as a commercial lender for a major Denver bank for six (6) years developing a broad understanding of project development while managing a variety of complex business relationships.
During her professional life, Kate has cultivated an ability to work with people with different backgrounds, interests, and motivations. She has a comprehensive and in depth understanding of the law and how the court systems work. She also thoroughly enjoys working with numbers and being creative in putting deals and agreements together.
- 2010 – Present, Boland Law and Mediation, LLC. Mediation Services; Wills, Trusts, and Powers of Attorney; Probate; DUI, Misdemeanor, and Traffic Matters.
- 1995 – Present, Denver County Court. Preside in arraignment and trial courts including civil, criminal, and traffic.
- 1999 – 2006, Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado. Chief Executive Officer of statewide not for profit corporation.
- 1989 – 1995, Adams County District Attorney’s Office. Prosecuted 500 felony and 3,500 misdemeanor cases ranging from murder to convoluted fraud.
- 1987 – 1989, Rubner & Kutner, P.C. Litigated bankruptcy and related civil matters.
- 1980 – 1986, First Interstate Bank of Denver, N.A. Administered $40 million loan portfolio and $5 million deposit portfolio in the commercial real estate and commercial lending departments.
- 1986, University of Denver, College of Law. Juris Doctor.
- 1979, University of Colorado. Bachelor of Science, Business Finance.
Affiliations and Awards
- Bar admissions: State of Colorado, Federal District Court (CO), 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations
- Colorado GLBT Bar Association, Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Kempe Center, volunteer, 2004-2011
- Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado, volunteer, 1996-present
- Bluff Lake Nature Center, Board member and volunteer, 1999-present
- Edward Towey Victim’s Rights Award, 1994
- American Jurisprudence Award, Civil Procedure, 1986
- Talent for digesting and integrating copious amounts of information. Enjoy steep learning curves.
- First-rate critical analysis skills, creative thinking, and problem solving.
- Exceptional financial analysis skills.
- Resourceful and effective negotiator with the ability to structure complex agreements.
- Persuasive and effective advocate.
- Self motivated, flexible, and innovative.
- Adept at working with people to identify primary concerns and find workable solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.